Each contestant must:
1. Be a high school student enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
2. Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
3. Be an individual who has demonstrated a genuine interest in one of the 32 categories.
4. Students cannot be paid professionals in the categories in which they are competing.
5. Conform to the guideline requirements as dictated by the category(s) chosen.
6. Submit application and 1 page typed biography (double spaced) to the local Chattanooga ACT-SO chapter
7. For National contestants, submit to his/her local NAACP ACT-SO sponsor:
a. a completed project.
b. a national application.
c. a one page, typed [double-spaced] biography.
d. a completed parental consent form.
e. a medical release form signed by a parent.
f. a small, clear photo.
g. Media release.